Wednesday, October 4, 2017

First Post

Dear Reader,

Welcome to my new blog. Though I was raised Christian, I decided not to get confirmed. Instead, I secretly performed a Wiccan self-dedication ceremony when I was still a teenager. Over the years, I have let my attention to spiritual needs lapse while I focused on my educational and professional goals, only returning to spirituality in times of need.

A few years ago I started experiencing some health issues. Spirituality saw me through multiple surgeries and in the spring of last year I decided to spend a year and a day in more consistent study. A year and a day later, on my thirtieth birthday, I performed another dedication ceremony.

For the past two years I have attended Albuquerque Pagan Pride Day, but I'm still mostly in the broom closet. I'm an eclectic solitary practitioner who is working on celebrating full moon and new moon esbats more consistently. I've gotten into the habit of meditating for a few minutes at the same time each evening with special guided meditations on each of the eight sabbats.

Blessed be,
Serena
)O(

No comments:

Post a Comment